It’s that time of year again for the holiday season, holiday spirit, and of course, holiday lights in Colorado Springs! December can be one of the coldest months in the Pikes Peak region, but you can remain nice and toasty (and socially distanced) by driving around town looking at Christmas lights with your hot cocoa. The events and addresses change every year, and here are some of our favorites for 2021.
Christmas/Holiday Light Displays in Colorado Springs
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Electric Safari
- Tickets available ONLINE ONLY
- no walk-up tickets are available
- timed tickets, limited capacity.
- Dec. 3-5, 10-23, 25-Jan. 1, 2022
Festival of Lights Parade
- Parade will start in downtown Colorado Springs at St. Vrain Street and go south on Tejon to Vermijo Street
- Saturday, Dec 4, 2021 beginning at 5:50pm
Closeby parking garages are located in these locations:
- Plaza of the Rockies building on Colorado Ave. between Nevada and Tejon
- Garage on Nevada and Colorado
- Bus Barn on Nevada and Kiowa
- Under the Antlers Hotel on Cascade - enter off of W. Pikes Peak or Colorado Ave.
- Parking Garage on Cascade and Bijou.
Trail of Lights @ Chatfield Farms
- Just under a mile of walking trail, holiday lights line the pathway through the Green Farm, Crossroads, Deer Creek Discovery Children's Play Area and 1880s Hildebrand Ranch homestead.
Blossoms of Light @ Denver Botanic Gardens
- Annual holiday lights extravaganza at the York Street location
- This year features a 200-foot-long, 17-foot-tall tunnel of animated lights, right at the start of the path.
Hudson Christmas @ Hudson Gardens
- Select Nights: Nov 26–Dec 31
- Tickets can be redeemed anytime from 5-9:00 PM. Lights out at 9:30 PM.
- Tickets are exclusively available online. There will be no box office.
- Come experience towering trees draped in thousands of colorful lights this Christmas season. Giant snowmen, the holiday light tunnel, and glowing reindeer will light up Hudson Gardens into an extravaganza of holiday cheer.
Christmas in Color Bandimere (drive-thru)
- Open November 19, 2021 - January 2, 2022, closed on Dec 25th.
- Drive through acres of more than 1.5 million lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music you’ll hear right through your radio.
- 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
- Only one ticket needed per vehicle. Reserve your spot today!
Christmas in Color Water World (drive-thru)
- Drive by giant candy canes, snowmen, arched pathways and more.
- OPEN DAILY FROM 5:30pm - 10pm
Light at Cherry Hills (drive-thru)
- Select Nights from November 26 – December 23 (select nights)
- Group A – 6:00 – 7:30P
- Group B – 7:30 – 8:30P
- Group C – 8:30 – 9:30P
- Light takes place throughout the parking lot of Cherry Hills Community Church.
- Reservations are required for this FREE event as space is limited nightly.
- Experience the magic of Christmas from the warmth of your car as you drive throughout the Cherry Hills campus viewing programmed lights and a festive story all streamed from their custom App.
Neighborhoods in Colorado Springs with Christmas/Holiday Light Displays
Timberline Landscaping does a great job of coordinating and publicizing a Colorado Springs Christmas lights guide. Check out their interactive map to plan your route.
Some basic rules for residential drive-bys include:
- Some residences collect donations for various charities. Donating this time of year is very helpful and satisfying.
- If there is a crowd, please just watch for one cycle.
- Be courteous and don’t block driveways of neighbors who need to come & go from their homes.
- Drive slowly and park on the opposite side of the street & turn your lights off, but leave on your parking lights.
Here is a partial list of some of the residences that participate year after year and most have their displays synced to music.
- 4910 Nugent Drive – homeowners collect canned goods for Care & Share
- 2570 Nadine Drive - 92.1 fm
- 3148 Deergrass Place - 89.1 fm
- 1894 Whitehorn Drive - 87.9 fm
- 1263 Shrider Road - 107.7 fm
- 2601 Rigel Drive - 97.7 fm
- 8565 Velvet Antler Way - 90.1 fm
- 301 N 15th St - 88.5 fm
- 237 Audubon Drive - 89.1 fm
- 9075 Musgrave St - 89.9 fm
- 100 Autumn Harvest Ct, Fountain - 107.5 fm
- 7790 Fargo Dr - 93.9 fm
- 6135 Kettle Fire Trail - 107.5 fm
- 6121 Bow River Drive. 90.3 fm
- 6919 Prairie Wind Drive 88.9 fm
Other Fun Holiday Things to Do in Colorado Springs
Old Colorado City & Manitou Springs
Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs are some of the most spirited parts of town with a wonderful winter wonderland. If something is going on, it is going on in OCC and Manitou. Throw on a few layers and take a road trip to stroll the streets lined with a huge selection of local businesses and restaurants needing a little extra love this season. Bring a shopping bag as you might find that perfect sweater for Aunt Betsy and we are sure you can find a hot chocolate or libation to keep you warm.
Ice Skating at Acacia Park
- $10 a person includes skates, under 4 free with paying adult
- November 12, 2021 - February 23, 2021
- 4,675 square-foot, real ice rink
Santa at Castle Rock Outlet Mall
- Daily beginning Nov. 28th
- Make an appointment. Enter the zip code 80108 to find Outlets at Castle Rock.
- Santa will have a very limited number of on-site visits available
Santa Claus at the North Pole
- December 2021 (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
Check out our other year-round fun things to do in Colorado Springs.